All Diamond LED Lighting branded products are subject to this warranty policy. This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
This warranty policy is relevant only to Products sold under the brand of Diamond LED Lighting Limited,
All Product is covered by a standard warranty, in addition some Product are eligible for an extended warranty this is identified on the datasheet, website and in the company brochure.
- Claims made during the standard warranty period must be made directly to the wholesaler or retailer from which the product was purchased and must not be made directly to the Company.
- Throughout the warranty period, whichever applies, the company shall repair or replace free of charge, either the whole product or any part of the product (excluding glass parts and consumables) deemed defective as a result of a material or manufacturing fault.
- All Product must have been installed by a qualified electrician in accordance with the current building and IEE wiring regulations, the instructions supplied with the Product or by other law and relevant regulations. Installation must be carried out in appropriate environmental conditions, such as ambient temperature, moisture level and air flow. This list is not exhaustive.
- Other than the “Costal Range” the Product must not be installed in harsh environments such as marine, coastal or where fertilisers or chemical pollutions are present.
- Unless pre authorised by Diamond LED in writing any warranty claim will be invalid if the Product has been modified, repaired, attempted to have been repaired, altered or modified in any way by any person.
- The Product must not have been subjected to improper use, misuse, damage or similar treatment for which the Product was not designed which includes but is not restricted to:
- Lack of regular cleaning and aftercare as required within the instructions provided
- Failure to carry out scheduled maintenance as required within the instructions relating to operation and battery replacements, specifically in relation to emergency Products.
- Voltage variation that exceeds 230V +10%.
- The usage exceeding average of 4500 annual hours
- Conditions where fluctuations in temperature and voltage can cause earlier failure or depreciation outside the average expected by the component manufacturers.
- For Standard warranties the wholesaler must obtain a Returns Material Advice Number (RMA) from the customer service department email@example.com, the full Product to which the warranty claim is being made must be returned to the Company at the time of making the claim stating the RMA number on the outside of the box. The return address will be advised when the defect has been reported
Extended Warranty Conditions
- Extended warranty is provided by email upon the receipt and approval of a completed Diamond LED Extended Warranty Form which is available on our website www.diamondledlighting.co.uk
The completed and signed form, together with a copy of the original purchase invoice should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the date of purchase. Extended warranties will only be approved if the date and source of purchase can be verified from a valid sales invoice.
- Standard and extended warranties are only valid in relation to Products that have been purchased from our authorised wholesalers or retailers. Once we have received your completed documents, we will verify your request for an extended warranty and, if approved, we will issue an Extended Warranty Registration (‘EWR’) number which must be used in the event of a warranty claim. Any extended warranty claim that is made without a valid EWR number will be rejected.
In order to make a claim under the extended warranty we must be informed in writing of the defect within 7 days of the defect first occurring or of discovery of the defect.
2.1 The standard warranty commences from the date that the new Product is purchased from the authorised wholesaler or retailer
2.2 The extended warranty starts immediately after the standard warranty period ends provided an Extended Warranty registration has been obtained. Any replacements or repairs of the Product carried out under warranty or the extended warranty will only be covered for the remaining warranty period of the original Product purchase.
3.1 Upon inspection the Company may at its discretion, repair or replace any part or the whole of the Product that it deems to be defective due to faulty materials or manufacturing, if a faulty item is considered beyond repair, the company reserves the right at its sole discretion to provide the customer with a new Product of equivalent specification
4.1 The Company shall not be liable for any loss of profit, any indirect or consequential loss nor any costs, damages or expenses, including installation or refit charges, unauthorised repair, unauthorised replacement costs or equipment hire charges whatsoever except for liability that is not allowed to exclude by law.
4.2 The Company shall not be liable if the product fails for any reason identified in section 1.6
4.3 The Company shall not be liable for any mismatches with other previously installed Goods.
4.4 The Company’s total liability in connection with the provision of the Product shall be limited to the price paid by the customer for the Product.
4.5 If any warranty claim is found to be in breach of any of the warranty conditions, the costs of investigation, repair or replacement shall be paid by the customer.
5.1 Diamond LED Lighting Ltd shall not be liable for repairs or replacements in the event that a product has failed due to any of the following reasons:
- Non-compliance with installation and safety regulations given in the installation instructions.
- Faults caused by the installer through installation errors including, but not limited to, connection to an incorrect power supply.
- If the Product has not been installed by a qualified electrician.
- Inappropriate use or intentional damage by the owner or third parties.
Repairs carried out by parties other than those approved by Diamond LED.
- External influences (e.g weather, transit damage).
- Glass breakage
- Accidental damage
5.2 Diamond LED will not cover any labour costs associated with the removal / re-installation of any goods
5.3 Carriage costs of returned items are not covered by the Extended Warranty
5.4 Variations in the colour, appearance or dimensions of the Products from that advertised in the catalogue or trade literature shall not constitute a defect under this warranty policy.
5.5 Defects arising as a result of fair wear and tear by the customer and those whom the customer allows to use the Products will not be covered by the standard or extended warranties.
- EXTENDED WARRANTY CLAIMS
6.1 Please provide details of the claim, together with the EWR number by email to email@example.com. After you have received authorisation from the Company, please return the complete Product to the Company address as directed
6.2 Any Product returned under an extended warranty should be appropriately packaged to prevent damage during transit. Any return under the extended warranty is done at the sole risk of the customer and the Company will not be liable for any damages or losses sustained during transit.
6.3 All carriage and return charges/duties are the responsibility of the customer and are not covered by the extended warranty.
- EMERGENCY BATTERIES
7.1 Please note: The batteries in our emergency fittings carry a 1 year warranty and are not covered by the extended warranty